We want to know why and how topics arise and how they become public disputes (issues). Who specifically sets themes and how are they kept in public discourse? There may be patterns in topic-management or unexplored rules. Actually, that’s a guess.
Role of Communicators
We want to know who has the power in the topic management? Who determines which issues are discussed? Is it the political party? Is it the media? Are there companies and organizations or the population or parts of civil society through the active use of digital media?
Politics and election campaign
In electoral campaigns, the management of issues plays a particularly important role: who manages it as in the media and ultimately into the perception of the electorate and can thus score in the election? What topics dominate in election campaigns and why? We explore the connections – AI helps!
AI approach – Identify patterns
- When does a topic appear for the first time?
- Which communicators set the topic and who „jumps on“?
- How does the topic evolve and what will become a much discussed issue?
- When and what causes the topic to die?
- The machine uses test cases to learn the behavior of the topics
- The machine recognizes salience
- So it will be possible to get to know the careers of topics, to evaluate them and perhaps to forecast them sometime!
What topics do you have for what reason to become a controversial issue?
- The AI algorithm can examine the OTS messages of APA by topic
- According to predefined categories, these are clustered
- AI algorithms search for patterns in topic histories
- Election campaign research: political issues management can be decisive!
- Political communication in general
- EU communication: Many complain of „non-functioning“. Resources and solutions seem complicated. Maybe AI can help here too!
- Companies and organizations: topics of the economy will be on topics of public perception and create it on the political agenda!